Another notice that was languishing in my overflowing inbox was a heads up that the Grants.gov summer newsletter is available. It's not exactly pulp fiction for the beach but a vital read for people like us. The newsletter updates us that:
- The transition to Adobe will be complete by December 31st -- no more PureEdge after that!
- Application and call center activity has increased
- When you contact the call center, there's a nice new script for you to enjoy (?)
- Grants.gov will soon feature a Google box (Question: If I use the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button, do I get entered into a grant money lottery?)
- People are committing grant fraud, and they shouldn't
- Adobe error messages have explanations
- What to expect when you're expecting...a grant after submitting an application
Finally, there's news of a new Grants.gov resource -- "All About Grants". Maybe now I'll stop getting calls from people who want me to submit their grant application for them. Huzzah!